Take Home Final Examination
- Modify the Midterm Examination to include
'objects'. That is, create an instantiable class, and then declare Objects
from this class. For example, create a Beverage Class for the Beer and Soda
items, create a Snack Class for the Chips and Pretzels items.
- For 'A' quality work, additionally create a
Base Class (for example, a Food Class) from which your other classes
- You may turn in your Examination any time
For those of you who may not have yet completed the Midterm, here are the
Midterm Examination Requirements.
Take Home Midterm Examination
- This is a take home midterm examination. I give
take home examinations to provide you with a rich, pressure free learning
experience--be sure to take advantage of it. The program took me 10 minutes
to write. It may take you more time to complete (some of you may complete it
- You have until Wednesday, October 22nd to write
- Your program is to be saved on a diskette and
submitted to me at the BEGINNING of class on October 22nd
- In addition to the program, I would like a log
of your efforts in completing the program. The log is to include the dates
and times that you worked on the program, what lines of code you wrote and
when, what problems you encountered in writing the program, what sources you
needed to consult to complete the program (i.e. I had to re-read the entire
book, I consulted a web site for help on loops, etc). The log will comprise
20% of your midterm grade.
- Your program is to be written by you and only
you--no group work, no tutors, no fellow member of the class, no family
member is to assist you in completing the program
- As much as I would love to help you with the
program, I can't----you may email me with questions concerning the
requirements, but I can't assist you in completing the examination. For the
exam, you are on your own.
- You may use your book, notes, whatever to
complete the program--but no person is to assist you
- I may, at my discretion, ask you to reproduce
your efforts and re-write the program in front of me during class on October
22nd. Failure to be able to reproduce the program during that period will
lead me to believe that the take home midterm has not been
- Write a program for the Smiley Grocery Store.
Smiley's Grocery Store sells 4 items, and 4 items only----here are the
items, along with the selling price for each
- Display a menu, in which the user is
asked to select an item he or she wishes to purchase. I suggest that you
prompt the user to enter 'S' for Soda, 'B' for Beer, 'P' for Pretzels, 'C'
for Chips. Provide a way for the user to tell you they have no more items
they wish to purchase.
- After the user enters their choice, ask them
how many of the item they wish to purchase.
- Display a message telling the user how much
their selected items will cost them, along with a running total of their
purchases so far.
- The program should then ask them to select an
item (See #2). If the user is done making purchases, thank them for using
your program, and display a message indicating the total number of items
they have purchased, and the total sales price.
- Needless to say, the program needs to use
appropriate C++ statements to display messages to the user, to gather user
input, to count (See #5), to calculate subtotals (See #4), to calculate
totals (See #5), to make selections (See #2) and to loop (See #2 and #5).
- If you have any questions about the
requirements, feel free to email me at email@example.com
If the user selects 1 Soda, 1 Beer, 1 Pretzel and
1 Chip, the item count will be 4, and the total price will be $20.68