CMIS 108 - Intermediate
Spring Semester 2002
Tuesday evenings, 6:30-9:20 pm
Projects using Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0/6.0 by Debbie Tesch and Roy A.
File available from the publisher's Web Site
- Examination of data structures, file organization, and logical design of large-scale database systems using relational and object-oriented models. Include a hands-on database design experience.
- Academic Integrity:
- Holy Family College expects of its students the highest standards of integrity in performance of academic assignments. Dishonesty in college work-whether it be quizzes, laboratory work, term papers, examinations, etc. is regarded as a serious offense and may result in failure in the course and dismissal from the college. Anyone who willfully assists another in the breach of integrity is held equally responsible and subject to the same penalty.
- The components which will determine your grade for the course are:
Quizzes (Highest 10 count) 20%
- Student Responsibilities:
- Be prepared for a
- Database Project:
- You will be required to design and implement a database during the class.
- Mid-term exam:
- The mid-term exam will consist of multiple choice, True or False and fill in the blank type questions.
- Final exam:
- The Final exam will consist of multiple choice, True or False and fill in the blank type questions. The Final exam is NOT cumulative.
- Required. The student is responsible for letting the instructor know if there are circumstances that cause you to miss class (in advance).
Listen on KYW 1060 radio for the Holy Family Snow number =
2124. We will not have class if school is closed. Class is usually rescheduled for later in the term.
If you are having problems in the course, it is your responsibility to discuss these difficulties with me in a timely manner.
The Number of visitors to this page since January 16, 2001
© 1998-2001 Smiley and Associates, Inc.
Revised - March 4, 2001
| My book!
| Smiley and Associates
| Visual Basic